Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Constant Light

I cannot claim to be a writer, but writing in a journal has served as a tender mercy during many times in life. In a journal I am able to spill my thoughts out in ink. This is a journal entry from a time when I felt I was going through a storm. 
In retrospect, I can see how the Savior's hand was in my life then and because of that, my testimony grows that He is involved in my life now and forever.
The key to seeing His hand in my life is CHOOSING to see it.


The sun is always shining,
        though the night time may seem dark...
             we need not fear
the moon is the reminder of the sun's endless light
No  matter what, 
the sun will rise in the morning. 

Meanwhile, it will shine through the moon.

Storms come
It shines behind clouds in storms
Though you may not always be able to see it
you can know it is there because...
you      are     alive.
You smile and dance in the rain and it produces growth.
                       ....OR....
it is gloomy and frizzes the hair. 
No matter the chosen perspective,
we can rest assured that the sun still shines through the storm.

  


The Son is the constant light through all times in life. 
His light will shine through all-
we must but choose to see it.











Isaiah 60:19-
"The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the Lord shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory."
(emphasis added by Hailey:)

6 comments:

  1. Haize I love you! I loved the emphasis too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recommended your blog to my friend who is in the middle of her own storm.....great wisdom to be found there. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hailey.....you are amazing! Love you lots :)

    ReplyDelete